
During our last visit to the bookstore, my daughter picked this book of the shelve. "Mommy, can we get this one?" she asked. "No honey, we have that one already," I replied. We had bought this book for my son when his obsession with Thomas the Train started. He was somewhere between the ages of 1 & 2. It was his favorite book for a long time. We all had it memorized and so it seems like an appropriate book to start with.
A Crack in the Track is a short (very short) story about how the trains in Sodor deal with a broken track. The passengers are shuffled around from train to bus and back to train before happily arriving at their destination. It is told in rhyme and is very easily remembered. This board book is a great bedtime story for any Thomas loving toddler. Beware: You will be reading it again, and again, and again.
After the brief discussion with my daughter in the bookstore, I ran home to check the shelves. How could she not have seen it? Sadly, I couldn't find the book. At the same time I realized it was gone, I also knew I would be heading back to the bookstore to buy another copy. Though my son had long outgrown the story, he would need a copy to read to his children over and over and over again. After all, don't we all await the day when our children are put through the same tortures of parenthood that they put us through?
No comments:
Post a Comment